So I’m not sure if you know but LUSH COSMETICS has a new natural hair products line. This line was released late last year in November 2020. I myself have had these products sitting in a box for a few months, as I have many other hair products to use.
Here is a little background about the person who developed these products. Her name is Sarah Sango, she’s a Lush Afro hair specialist, Sarah has been a Afro hair consultant for over 3 years now and has been in the Hair industry for 19 years. So she has much knowledge about hair and natural hair. She saw gaps in the market in the old range and it made her realise and develop better hair products for natural hair.
So lets get into the hair products
AVOCADO CO-WASH BAR
- This bar is SLS free (Sodium Lauryl Sulphate which is a chemical agent for cleaning, but is not good)
- Cleanse the hair well, but dosen’t strip hair
- Green in colour
- Includes ingredients such as Avocado, Cocoa butter, Rosemary, Lavender nettle infusion
Using the co-wash bar, it was easy to use. Smells very nice. I normally wash my hair twice and I did the same with the bar. First time using it I was very surprised that it lathered up in my hair. I put my hair into sections and applied the bar on my scalp and moved it in a circular motion few times on each section. I repeated this process twice. My hair didn’t feel striped after rinsing it out both times. My hair felt soft and cleanse including my scalp.
- Glory conditioner is thicker than Power conditioner
- Green in colour
- Glory can be used a Deep conditioner
- A good moisturising conditioner, especially for curly, coily, or heat treated hair
- Ingredients include Okra gel, Fair trade Olive oil, Coconut cream, and Organic Castor oil
Using Glory conditioner it has a very creamy and firm consistency. A little amount can go a long way. Glory was easy to apply onto my hair strands. And it didn’t feel heavy on my hair. I used it as my deep conditioner and had it on my hair for around 30 minutes. I also used a heated microwave cap by LAVACAP, to add heat lightly to my hair during this process. After the time had passed I did see my curls pop. My hair felt soft and manageable. And Glory conditioner was easy to rinse out my hair. My hair was so soft after, and shrinkage is for real, but is a sign my hair is healthy. I’m not good at describing smells, but Glory does have a nice smell.
- Power is a lighter conditioner to Glory
- Is a repairative conditioner (for strengthening the hair)
- A good conditioner for colour treated and relaxed hair
- Ingredients include Maple syrup, Sweet potatoe (for biotin), Organic Extra Virgin oil and Almond oil
I have not used this product yet, but I plan to use in the future.
STYLING MY HAIR
I styled my hair in medium plaits to take out in a couple days, to create a braidout hairstyle. I did the LOC method using the styling products in this order. I use the products this way to effectively moisturise my hair.
L = LIQUID
SUPER MILK – CONDITIONING HAIR PRIMER (LEAVE IN CONDITIONER)
- Super milk can also be used a heat protectant
- Can be used on locs, as it’s not a heavy product
- Can be used on protective hairstyles
- And can be used on the scalp
- Has a similar smell to the Avocado co-wash bar
- Ingredients include Almond milk, Coconut milk, Goats milk, Extra Virgin Olive oil, and lemon juice (which adds shine to hair)
Using Super milk, it was easy to use, I sometimes have issues with spray bottle. But no issues with this spray bottle. The product came out good and evenly distributed on my hair. I sprayed it literally all over my hair to make sure hair strands was coated in the product. Super Milk has a good consistency. And smells nice the following day in my hair.
O = OIL
RENEE’S SHEA SOUFFLE – HAIR AND SCALP OIL
- Can be melted down and put into a applicator bottle to apply to hair and scalp
- Shea butter is from Fairtrade
- Ingredients include Shea butter, Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Almond oil, Organic Castor oil and Organic Avocado oil
- Has a similar sweet fragrance to R&B
Using Renee’s Shea Souffle, it’s soild in the tub, but when you rub it into your palms it melts to a liquid. I must admit I used a good handful in my hair, as my hair is thick and to make sure the Shea souffle was on my hair sufficiently. I enjoyed using it and easily distributed on my hair strands. Renee’s shea souffle has has a light fragrance.
C = CREAM
CURL POWER – HAIR CREAM
- Used to finish a hairstyle
- Ingredients include Linseed gel, Malasse, Argan oil, Extra Virgin Coconut oil, Organic Jojoba oil and Cocoa butter
Using Curl Power it was very creamy and firm in consistency. The fragrance was not to strong. And easy to apply to my hair strands.
My hair still felt moistured days after applying these products to my hair. All products are suitable for vegans and can be used in children’s hair too. Also all these products are Sulphate free.
My favourite product within this collection would have to be the Renee’s Shea Souffle, even though it can be used on the hair and scalp, I prefer to use it on my hair strands. Shea butter is such a wonderful ingredient, and helps to lock in moisture on hair.
Lush natural hair products website https://uk.lush.com/products/afro-hair-products
Please note I was kindly gifted these products.