So I have been taking Cod liver oil on and off for the past couple of years. I would mainly consume Cod liver oil in capsule form, as I thought taking capsules was better and for the convenience off it in capsule form.
Not sure what happened in 2020, but maybe due to the pandemic and being in Lockdown, it affected me repurchasing certain products. And I didn’t repurchase Cod liver oil capsules when I had finshed them.
During a catchup call I was having with a friend middle of last year. I was telling her about still experiencing pain from my past knee sprain. And with online sessions, webinars and Zoom calls being more regular, sitting on a chair for long periods of time. I used to still experience slight pains in the affected knee. But didn’t want to take pain medications as the pain didn’t last for long. She suggested to me to take Cod liver oil in liquid form, I did say that I used to take it in capsule form. But she explained to me that by taking Cod liver oil in liquid form it is quickly digested in the body. Then taking Cod liver oil capsules and it having to be broken down in the stomach.
WHERE DOES COD LIVER OIL COME FROM?
Cod liver oil comes from oily fish mainly Herring, Tuna, Achovies, Mackerel, and Salmon.
BUT WHAT’S GOOD ABOUT COD LIVER OIL?
- Cod liver oil contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which is beneficial for the body
- Lowers inflammation all over the body
- Reduces pain associated with Arthritis
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Can lower blood pressure
- Cod liver oil is also rich in vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin D. Vitamin A aids in having a healthy immune system. Vitamin D helps to regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body, when the body is lacking in vitamin D it can lead to bone issues such as Rickets.
- Cod liver oil contributes to the normal function of the heart
- Cod liver oil contributes to the maintenance for normal brain functiom
- Supports the maintenance of normal vision
So my preferred brand for Cod liver oil in liquid form is Seven Seas, as they are a trusted brand and have been around since 1935. And right now I don’t know any other brands who do Cod liver oil in liquid form.
I will admit a reason that stopped me from taking Cod liver oil in liquid form, was people saying that it didn’t taste nice. But from the advice from my friend, I decided to take the chance and try Cod liver oil in liquid form. And wished I started consuming Cod liver oil in liquid form eariler on in my life. And not starting in 2021, this year. The taste is not bad, you’re just putting oil in your mouth. There is no strong odour and just swallow quickly. I take 1 tablespoon a day at night. And a 300ml bottle has lasted over 1 month.
Another reason why I take Cod liver oil is because I don’t eat much fish in my diet, I’m a fussy eater and scared of bones even in boneless fish. I nearly choked on a little bone when I was younger. So I knew I had to take supplements to add it to my diet as I’m not in a hurry to eat fish any time soon.